Thursday, 24 July 2014

Before And After: Mod Dresser Number Two


Hi!

Before I get to today's B&A, I want to say a biiiiiiiiiig thank you to my North American friends who have voted for our daybed over at Readers.com for their book nook contest
Its still running (up until July 29!) and you can vote daily! hint hint ;-) If the blogger you vote for wins, you are in with a chance to win too! The prize is a $100 Home Improvement gift card, a $50 Amazon gift card and a kindle paperwhite. Not bad!!



Onto the before and after!


So this is the second dresser I wanted to show you and is similar to this one I shared recently.
Similar but vastly different!

I tried something new with this one. A technique I've never tried before and had never seen on furniture before. I think it is a success and can't wait to try it again! If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen this a few weeks ago (sshh, let's not spoil it for the non-IG peeps;-))

Without further ado and all that...














Forgive...that black circle mat is impossible to keep perfectly clean ;-)


So what's so special about this??
I sewed the cross on!! Well kind of...I used string and stapled it on, but that's pretty well equivalent to sewing where timber furniture is concerned, in my book ;-)

I drilled four holes - which I actually measured, instead of my usual eyeballing technique - then threaded, knotted and stapled the black jute on.
I love it!! I have plans to try this with different designs when I find the right piece/s.
What do you think? Simple but edgy? Cool? All of the above? :-)


How it looked before...



Orangey goodness! Just how I like them ;-)





This baby is now in the hands of Five Boroughs in Melbourne who will find it a lovely new home, I'm sure.


That's it from me for now, I'm busy as usual. I'm trying to find more time to blog and read blogs...things get a little out of hand sometimes around here. There are projects galore, plus I still have a half painted house after probably almost 2 years! I really need to work on my time management skills...but then the girls usually throw a spanner in the works if I get too organized. Sigh.

We are all just doing the best we can and I appreciate you taking time out to read this!


Courts xx
Furniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...