Friday, 21 June 2013

Two (Awesome!) Before And Afters!


Wow its Friday again!!
Where are the weeks going?! Lately I feel like I blink and I've missed a whole week!

I'm having a girls weekend, starting tonight - just me and our 6 year old! Tony and our 3 year old are heading back to my parents so he can work on their bathroom again and us two will stay here and maybe do some shopping and the movies :-) I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies in the day time or night time and she had no hesitation in choosing night...6 year olds don't often get to go out at night so I'm pretty sure she's going to milk that one!
I'm sure going out for tea will be requested as well ;-)


I have a couple of small projects to share with you today. 

The first one is a mirror that needed to be de-golded/de-gilded?? Well...the gold look was getting a little tired for my client so a change was in order.

The before...




Isn't it gorgeous?!
I completely forgot to take 'after' pictures (!) so the mirror's owner kindly sent some through to me..




A sunny yellow was chosen and then to really bring out the detail I used Annie Sloan dark wax.
This is the first time I've used the dark wax and it was awesome! I applied it after first using the clear wax - as per the instructions - and wiped it back off so it would settle wherever it wanted in the little nooks and cranny's.
When it comes to antiquing or glazing, I'm a less is more kind of person so I loved how much control you have with this dark wax.

Here's a before close up of the awesome detail...



And the after -


I think this may be the beginning of a yellow phase for me, I love it and have already used a little mustard yellow in a project that I'm currently working on!
If you follow me on Instagram (@apprenticeextrovert) you will have seen a little sneak peek of that one! ;-)

What colour/s are you loving at the moment?



Another project I've finished recently is this one that I showed you a couple of weeks ago-




in a super close up of something that I'd been working on. You can read that post here.

It didn't really give much away as to what it was ;-)

Well it was an antique double bed head which started out like this -





And then turned into this -



It is going in a 9/10 (I think!) year old boys room and his whole room is being made over, so hopefully I'll get to see some pics when it's all done!


I'm off to do some housework now - sigh. I figure if I do it now, then I'll have the weekend free to just hang with my girl!
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you get up to! :-)



Courts xx

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Seriously, Courts, you are inspirational. Love what you've done!

Fiona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona said...

Sorry, I accidentally published that comment twice. Although perhaps I shouldn't have deleted it because you really are very clever!

Restyled Vintage said...

love that yellow frame Courts!

The bedhead is pretty cool too :)

I hope you and your girl have a lovely weekend, if she's anything like my daughter she'll try and swindle a trip to Diva/Smiggle/Typo/all of the above lol into your outing ;)

xx Karen

Catherine said...

Well I agree they are awesome! Love the yellow frame, looks beautiful.

Have a great girls weekend :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i want that amazing mirror!

Sue SA said...

Love the bed head, very art deco! Enjoy your girly time. Going out for dinner and movies with Mum is a very grown up treat, what fun, enjoy!

Queen of Chairs said...

Love the headboard :)

Katie said...

That mirror turned out amazing! I'm a huge fan of yellow - it's such a bright, cheery color! The headboard looks great too!

Jo Coastal Home Love said...

Love the yellow Courts! I bought some yellow recently, totally craving its sun-shiny happiness! Jo xx

Rachelle said...

I like what you did with the headboard, very unexpected and original.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...