Friday, 5 April 2013

Our Home Tour Part One: The Bedrooms



As promised...here are some shots of inside our place. I know it was that long ago that you don't really remember me promising, but I did! Promise ;-)


My gorgeous friend Bianca from Ivy Loves Jack is pretty handy with her camera (she's an all-round creative/talented girl!) and spent quite a few hours here shooting and then editing these shots for which I am truly grateful!! It was a dull and cloudy day for the shoot to, so she did such an amazing job with these. I just love how they turned out!

 I won't talk too much about the pics, just know that this is always a work in progress and things change around here pretty regularly as I'm sure you do at your place too!!









DEETS-
*Vintage beds that I found in my favorite second-hand shop for about $65 each
I'm not going to paint the beds...I kinda love them just as they are!
*Tony's band posters - he tries to get them in the house anywhere he can! The girls don't even notice them or ask what they are ;-)
*Most things in this room are vintage, the exceptions being an ikea throw, freedom flamingo cushion and typo owl.








DEETS-
*Target glass lamps with recovered shades (that I did ages ago and am now a bit over!)
*My DIY floor rug that I've stapled down, does not really go well in this room but I had nothing else...yep it has a rip in it from moving the bed!
*Headboard that was our old garage door that I stripped back to this.
*I upholstered the base (and need to cut off the excess fabric obviously!) because I dislike valances and the ones that have the elastic seem to slip off all the time.







DEETS-
*2 x antique hospital beds pushed together to make a queen bed...more or less...the mattress is squished in there. My mum bought these at auction when I was about ten and they are 3/4 the width of a normal single bed. I've never had them powder coated and possibly never will. These beds mark the beginning of my love of old things and I'm pretty sure I will never part with these!
*The big lamp is on my to-do list...way down the list.
*Again, most things are vintage finds.
*The number 8 artwork you can read about right here.


Hope you enjoyed!! Stay tuned for more :)


Happy weekend!!



Courts xx

9 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Courtney, your house is lovely. (just as I knew it would be)
I've so enjoyed having a little sticky beak (when are you going to show us the rest of it???) I think the guest bedroom is my fave, it's that gorgeous yellow/mustard bedspread and #8 painting that do it for me!

Restyled Vintage said...

Courtney your house is gorgeous and from what I know without really knowing you lol, it looks like a perfect representation of your 'style' :) (Some of my house does, and some would surprise you, lol...it is a work in progress with lots of wood (furniture and walls) that needs painting. I love your guest bed/s, what a fantastic idea shoving them together. My daughter sleeps in an antique metal bed similar to yours but it is a single size. I've never had it repainted either. It cost me $36 at auction. Best bargain ever :) I love your wall colour too. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your home!
xx Karen

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you have been holding out- your home is AMAZING!!!! love everything, courtney!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachelle said...

You really have an amazing sense of style and have a talent and good eye for pulling things together. Loving your home, thanks for sharing your home with us.

Rubylicious Bespoke said...

Gorgeous Courts! Love how its not matchy match but it all goes together so well. I think my fav are the girls beds, I wouldn't paint them either as they're stunning as is. Al xx

Sue SA said...

Thanks for the tour...you just need a few quilts! One day I will convert you to being a quilter (or not)...or Lisa might do a swap with you!!

Catherine said...

I can't believe I missed this post! I have been dying to see inside your house because I knew it would be all kinds of awesome, and it is!!

I love the chest of drawers in the girls room, that is just amazing! The two bedsides in your guest room all you all over, and gorgeous colours! I'm loving the hospital beds! And I don't think I'd paint the girls beds either :) Harrys is similar, and I think I'll leave as is... I mean, I'll never say never, but at the moment, it is as is

Love it all :)

Corbin Page said...

What a fun house! I recognize a few of the items from your previous posts. They look great, and I love the bright and airy feel to your home.

Corbin
decor-eat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...