Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Before And After: Dresser

Hi! Happy hump day!
Aren't the weeks flying?! I don't even want to think about Christmas yet...but I know it's looming.
Its before and after day here today. I feel like I haven't done one for ages!!

This dresser is one I recently finished for my wonderful client which will live in their master bedroom.


This is another one that's been in her family for a while, in fact...her dad made it! How cool is that?!
Here's the before - minus the round wooden knobs it had -


I primed this first with a primer that can go over water or oil based paint. I wasn't 100% sure what had been used in the past so this covered both scenarios.
I then sprayed the dresser with my paint sprayer (I use one attached to our air compressor) and did 4 light coats and allowed it to cure for a week before waxing with beeswax.

I picked up these new knobs a little while ago and I think they take this dresser from 'cool' to 'OH WOW!!' These are definitely my favorite knobs now!




This piece has now been safely delivered back to its owners who will be pleased to have somewhere to put clothes again ;)

Hope you are having a wonderful week!! 

Courts xx

Sharing at:
Primitive and Proper

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What a cool colour!! Will be a great pop of colour. And the knobs are fantastic!

ZippyZippy said...

What cute little knobs, I bet she is happy with the finished product.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that color is so dramatic and fun! love it!

Rachelle Falcon said...

The color is great and I love those knobs!

Jo Ann said...

I love this! What color and brand of paint did you use? I want this color for my vanity in my bedroom! You do awesome work. If you get a minute, perhaps you could send the information to my email: musicgal_72653@yahoo.com. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work!

Simone said...

Yep! I am EXTREMELY happy wtih this gorgeous dresser!!! Courtney has done some amazing re-vamping for me!!! I now have some very, very cool pieces of furniture scattered throughout my little home!! I am thrilled that I have been able to keep all my pieces, because they all have some special family history. Thanks again Courtney, I will be in touch again soon, no doubt!!!! x

Courtney said...

You are very welcome Simone!! Thanks for taking the time to comment here, and I am more than happy to help out in the future ;)

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

Those knobs really are so cool! Where did you find them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...