Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Before And After: Another DIY Chalk Paint Dresser



Hi!! Hope your week is going swimmingly! 
We got our girls back today which is exciting...mind you, we loved every minute of our break! But we were well and truly ready to have them back again, as were they :)

This is one project for a client that I finished while the girls were away:


A beautiful dresser that had been in the family for years. It had once been white but looked like this before I started:


I'd started taking hardware off before I remembered to take a before picture ;)

This was another DIY chalk paint project - I so love this stuff!!
Furniture Feature Fridays
If you missed it, you can read how I make mine plus all about what chalk paint is -right here.




I lightly distressed this one and then waxed to seal and protect.
There was also a beautiful bevelled mirror with this one - that I'd also removed before I took the 'before' shot!


I just love this color - its a dulux color called 'base camp' - and it gives such a nice contrast to the other colors in the room where it now lives without being too 'in your face'!
Such a classic old piece that is now refreshed and ready for another lifetime of use!!


We've got another week and a half of holidays before we get back in the routine of kinder and the like so there may not be much getting done in the way of furniture around here for a bit, but I do have one more project to share in the next couple of days.

Oh and FYI, yesterday (which was our last child free day) I refinished the top of our outdoor table that Tony built in preparation for summer and had almost finished waxing the top when a massive (2cm/almost an inch) splinter went in my nail bed and half way up my finger!!
Long story short, a doctor got it out eventually under local anaesthetic (after about half an hour of trying!) but now I'm thinking I may have to wear gloves a little more often than I do ;)


Courts xx

Sharing this at:
Furniture Feature Fridays
Jed & Ivy

18 comments:

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

The splinter story churns my tummy!!! Owwww xxx. Great job on the dresser, it looks great.

daiseyjayne said...

Beautiful, love the color!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is adorable! i love that awesome mossy green!

Decor & Harmony said...

I'm glad you're okay....you need your fingers :) Great restyle fabulous color!!

Deb Hrabik said...

Ouch!
And I love that color green.
Great job,
Deb

Sue SA said...

Dresser looks great, hope your finger doesn't hurt too much and heals quickly.

Catherine said...

That dresser is beautiful!! I love the colour, and I love seeing something other than the blue hues you see everywhere! One very happy client I'd say!

That splinter sounds awful!!! I think I'd better get some gloves too!

Restyled Vintage said...

Love the colour Courtney, it is gorgeous. OUCH for the splinter!!!

xx Karen

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

this is beautiful!

Shanda Davidson said...

This dresser is great! I love an earthy green with a stained top - I did a coffee table similar to this not too long ago. Love it!

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous. This is probably my most favorite shade of green to use. I'm pinning this! Feel free to come party at my place if you do that sort of thing. I seriously love this piece!

art is beauty said...

Saw this over at MMS !! I love the color and what a great job you did!
Beautiful!
Hugs,
Karin
www.artisbeauty.net

ShantyGirl said...

Love the transformation and the color you chose it is beautiful!!
Sherry

Donna Wilkes said...

Love the classic lines of this piece and that green looks great with the wood. Sorry about your finger. Keep your tetanus boosters up to date - last week I dropped my pry bar on my head and my husbands glued the chunk back together!

Distressed Donna Down Home

Rebecca said...

Featuring this today!
http://jedandivy.blogspot.com/2012/10/aloha-friday-link-party-7.html

Ilda Dias said...

What a great job! Love the color... I haven't been brave enough to try my hand at furniture... Maybe one day! Have a great day :)

BRrrrrr said...

How come I didn't get to see this one? It's awesome Courts

Courtney said...

it was done and then delivered pretty quick!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...