Sunday, 26 August 2012

Chair 5!!



Hi!!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, I had a very productive one...I've almost finished all my chairs!
Tone went to Melbourne to be a rock star for the weekend so it was just us girls.
When they went to bed...I got to work!

Wanna see?!




I cut out the fabric (ok, it was a dropcloth!) and then hand dyed it this gorgeous pink!
I'm LOVING pink at the moment!! 
It's so 'now' in clothes, home decor and especially hair too!! I think I could handle a little pink in my hair ;-)


For the frame, I pretty much sanded the life out of it.
I took so long to get the stain and extremely thick varnish off that now my arms look like Arnold Schwarzneggar's!

Just kidding!!

The frames must have been stained when the surface was a little uneven so you can still see areas of the last little dregs of stain in there. But I really, really like that!
I'm not into perfect for vintage furniture and it also gives a nice texture to the timber.
I then finished it with a coat of beeswax - love that stuff!!

You may be wondering about the mat the chair is sitting on?


Another DIY project - which I will most definitely share very soon!! I promise :)


What do you think of this one?
It's a little different from chair 4, which incidently I am changing a little. I'll show you it's new look as soon as it's done (which will be this week!)

I'll be back soon with chair's 6 and 7 and also to tell you why I had to get all these finished by September 1st.
Not long to go now!

Wish me luck!!

Courts xx

Sharing at:

Furniture Feature Fridays
Primitive and Proper

5 comments:

Catherine said...

LOVE it! I'm liking the pink to, and the even wood, it seems to work realy nicely with the pink somehow.

Loving all these chair projects at the moment!

Betty Bake said...

looking stunning Courtney! :)
hugs
Betty bake

Anne Boykin said...

Hi, Courts, You did a great job on your pink - it looks marvelous!

House on the Way said...

Wow! great idea to dye a drop cloth! I'd love for you to share it at my linky party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. I think it would be a great addition! Hope you can join!
Leslie

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh my gosh i love it! the combination of rustic wood and hot pink never made me happier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...