Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Chairs 2 And 3...More Parkers!!


Phew!!

It's been busy around here and I'm so excited to show you my next two chairs just completed!! 
I've got 7 chairs to do by the end of August...plenty of time I know:)

I was ecstatic to come across these two Parker dining chairs a few months ago - after already re-designing 6 of them last year which you can read about here and here. - I love the simple design and retro modern look of Parkers, hence me being a little excited!!

These are a different style from the previous ones I did. Here's the before -



It had green boucle fabric which had really worn out its welcome! And each chair has 4 buttons on the back (a first for me) which I kept...but didn't!! 

A little cryptic, I know, but you'll see what I mean ;)

Another first for me was re-finishing the woodwork, which had to be done as it was faded pretty bad.


It was just a case of sanding then two coats of danish oil. So much better!!

And now the finished chairs..........






I kept the look of the button back, but didn't actually use a button to do it!!
It took a little trial and error, but I eventually figured it out. I forgot to take pics of the process, but I'm happy to post how I did it step-by step if you're interested?!

I've got to go and do the mum thing now, but please let me know what you think :)

These babies are getting packed up tight in preparation for September 1st, which I am yet to tell you about...I promise I will when it gets closer!!

Have a great week!!

Courts xx

Sharing these at:
Primitive and Proper

7 comments:

Queen of Chairs said...

I love them, great job!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

SOOOO cute! i love that yellow stitching!

Catherine said...

They look fantastic - espcecially love the yellow!

AND I'm dying to know what's happening in Sepetember! Can't wait to hear about it

Rasonda @ Lake Cottage Dreams said...

I love that stitching. Absolutely adorable.

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

I love all your chair makeovers. I like the pop of color from the button stitching against the grey fabric. And I like how the wood frames turned out; it looks brand new.

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I am loving the "tufting" The color is perfect with the wood tone! The rest will be easy!

Bella said...

Just popped in from Cassie's blog. I adore these chairs! Perfect finish and choice of fabric. I'm still kinda speechless with the whole reverse button thing...fabulous idea! And I love the way the yellow stitching just pops out at you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...