Thursday, 5 April 2012

Fantastic Plastic



I've done a lot of furniture re-designs in my time.


But I must say, this is a first.


Plastic furniture.


So cool!!!


Who'd have thought!!



A cute little stool that I thought would be perfect for the girls bathroom.

I really liked the shape.

Here's the before...


a beauty in beige!!


And now in all its pink glory in prime position in the bathroom...




Another first for me is the color!!

I've bought pink fabric before, but never pink paint!!

I must say I like it!!


This was all done with spray paint.

I primed it first with Rustoleum Universal which they finally got in at Mitre 10!! Which says it can be used on plastic, it's designed to stick onto anything pretty much.

So far, so good!

Then sprayed two coats of the pink gloss enamel spray paint. Actually I think I did three coats on the top where it will get the most wear :)




Do you have anything pink at your place? Bright or soft pink?

I think I can live with this! And believe it or not, Tony (the only male in the house) is yet to comment!

I'll be back over Easter with another bright before and after for you.

Take care,

Courts x

5 comments:

PLB said...

Hey Courtney, now that you have discovered the Rustoleum, can I ask if you know where we can get Annie Sloan chalk paint in Melbourne? Do Porters have it? I'd love to give it a go on some thrift shop furniture...
Easter greetings,
PLB

Catherine said...

Love it!! I had no idea you could paint plastic! I'll be really interested to see how it goes.

We have heaps of pink - I never liked it when I was growing up but if it's not pink or have something to do with pink, Emma won't wear it, look at it, or do it. And no variations either - pale pink just doesn't cut it, it has to be that lolly pink!

Courtney said...

Hi PLB, as far as I know you can't yet buy ASCP in Australia but apparently it is coming. I think it's going to NZ first. Have you thought about making your own? I've read some bloggers recipes and reviews and it sounds close to the real thing. I'm yet to try it but will when the right piece comes along:)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it's so cute! i love the splashy hot pink!

Lisa @ Trapped In North Jersey said...

My daughter is also enamored of hot pink. That's a great makeover! Thanks for linking up :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...