Sunday, 8 April 2012

Canary Yellow Cane

Hi everyone!! Hope you are having a relaxing Easter so far!!


I have a little before and after to show you (yeah, another one! I've been on a roll lately!!)

This is another first for me, as was the pink piece in my last post!


 I haven't painted cane before. 


It was unexpectedly a learning process.


Not as straight forward as I thought it was gonna be.


Its always good to learn something, right?!

Anyway. Here it is...





Complete with some little easter bunnies the girls got off their great-nanna!


And just a few of my fave magazine that I can't bear to throw out!



So here's what I learnt:

-Cane is porous. Very porous in this case. (it drinks up all the paint and you have to keep adding more and more and more!)
-You can buy spray paint from discount stores that are 1/4 of the price from a hardware store. Handy when you need about oh...5 or 6 cans!
-Perhaps a specific primer would have been a good idea in hindsight.
- Gloss was the perfect choice for finish on this piece. Yay!! One thing I did right!! Gloss is a lot more durable than a matt finish would have been.


After all that...I do love it!


All's well that ends well!!


I hope you are enjoying the break as we are!

From my family to yours -

HAPPY EASTER!!

Courts xx

 
Linking to:

grabtt

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it! That colour is perfect!

And thank you for the tips on painting cane - I still have two chairs sitting waiting for a makeover (and a little more inspiration) so the painting tips will definately come in handy!

Kylie said...

Gorgeous!

Christina said...

Oh, I love it!!! The yellow is a perfect choice, so cute and up-to-date. That is good to know on the cane too, I always see cane things I want at thrift stores and would have attempted to spray paint as usual. Thanks for the info.

The Far Fifty said...

I love this table! The colour is so cheerful :) There was a set of bamboo end tables that I wanted so bad, but my husband vetoed. I should so him these...

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i LOVE it! the color is so perfect on that style! happy table!

Karena said...

Courtney your cane table is so bright and fun. I love it in the bold yellow!

I hope you will come and see my new Annie Sloan Chalk Paint projects!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Kathy {Pearls in Paradise} said...

Love it! The yellow looks great with the turquoise lamp!

Jed and Ivy said...

This looks like an Urban Outfitter's ad. I love it.

shabbygals said...

I love all things yellow right now....super cute! New follower of your blog. Please come and visit us at shabbygals.blogspot.com too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...