Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Outdoor Table Reveal!!

Remember these?


Well they now reside here...



The old fascia boards came up so beautifully, and Tony did a fantastic job building the table from scratch! We love it!
We made it a long, narrow table to fit onto our almost L shaped deck. This will comfortably seat 10 people.

Now all we need is chairs...which is kinda funny considering the amount of chairs I have at home!


The legs are cyprus and had some lovely knots in them so instead of completely covering them in paint, I added some water to the paint to give it a wash look. Then I sealed it with a gloss poly.
Yep those legs are shiny, shiny!!


On the oregon top I used a satin finish so it has a nice amount of sheen!
Hopefully the chairs won't be too far away so we can use the table without dragging the inside chairs out there, and back again!

What do you think?

We're heading off to the beach for a week or so on Friday so I may or may not post during the week. Thats a bit blase (blarz-ay) I know!  I do have lots to show you as you may have read here.
I can't wait to show you the dining table, it looks so different from what it was!

Enjoy your week!

Courts x

linking to:

grabtt

7 comments:

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Gorgeous! I love the wood top, what a fantastic piece. Have fun at the beach!

Lisa @ Trapped In North Jersey said...

Wow, that table looks fantastic. Being able to seat ten people is even more fantastic!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that was an AMAZING idea and it looks even more AMAZING!

Justine said...

turned out fabulous! love the white wash you did on the legs. can't wait to see the chairs you pick!

Felicia said...

This is so beautiful! I love old wood! The projects Ive gotten to so far are really cute, I can't wait to read the rest!

Catherine said...

Wow - this looks fantastic. And I can't wait to see the chairs you find. Have a great time at the beach!

Megs said...

This table is beautiful! Nice job! I love the idea of using reclaimed wood for projects like these--such a rich history!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...