Friday, 13 January 2012

Our Re-Vamped Dining Table

I've been a little more organized than I thought I'd be before heading off on holidays...so, I have the pics of our dining table here, ready for you to see!!
Here's the before, in all it's beautiful orange glory!


Perhaps it's not too bad and I know some people like a warm timber, it's just not me. I only really bought the table because it was big enough to fit in the space. Well that and it was only $200!! Not bad for one of this size and I knew I could change its look. So here it is now in it's 'more me' look! (Sorry for bad photo quality, had to use my phone!)

I scratched up the legs with some medium sand paper, then went over them with a sample pot grey paint I had.

I hit the top with the belt sander (borrowed off this crazily talented guy, thanks Karl!) I really like what was underneath all that stain, so I sealed it with a water based poly and finito!!


I will show you my nanna chairs in another post, they're my 'make do chairs'.
So there you have it.
Another one crossed off my list!!

I'll be back soon, all relaxed and raring to go...although, can you really relax on a holiday with two little skadoos?!
Have an awesome week,

COURTS X

Linking to:

grabtt

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I have been wondering what to do with my own orange dining table - you've inspired me. Just pinned it, great idea!

Revi said...

I like the now modern-looking table with the nana chairs! The obsessive compulsive girl in me wants to move the odd chippy chair to the end, so the chair placement is more symmetrical. I know, I know. :) But the juxtaposition of old and new, plain and fancy, straight and curvy really excites me!
-Revi

The Moerks said...

Gosh our kitchan table is almost identical, except the legs are off white. Mr M made mine. I have awful orangy pine chairs with it. I would much prefer nana ones.

ZippyZippy said...

Great job with the table, we are down on the windy coast, can't say it's all that relaxing with the boys ;) hope you have a nice break

Bianca said...

i absolutely love it. the photos look great and i am still completely in love with your green chairs (you know where one could find a loving home if they ever needed one!). hope you're having a great time.

Sophie from Grins and Sighs said...

It is indeed a very similar colour to my desk! I have a pine table I want to revamp next. Was thinking about doing something similar but making the legs yellow instead of grey. Looks like you're still having fun with the furniture. Good job!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh holla! i LOVE that color on the base! what a difference a small change makes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...